WFAS Ethical Principles
This principle was approved at WFAS Founding Conference in Beijing,1987, to which all society members shall be committed.
1. Solemnly swear to contribute to serve all persons.
2. Devote ones’s knowledge and conscience for profession.
3. Respect glorious tradition of acupuncture-moxibustion, always remember one’s responsibilities and be proud of one’s profession.
4. First consider patients’ health and keep secrets.
5. Try to stick to indications and contraindications of acupuncture-moxibustion treatment and cooperate with medical staff of other fields to avoid mistakes or unnecessary acupuncture-moxibustion treatment.
6. By no means vary one’s responsibilities due to religion, nationality,race, political party or social status of patients.
7. By no means seek personal interests or commercial announcements in the name of WFAS or personal relations with WFAS.
8. Try to keep the highest level of acupuncture-moxibustion academy and keep on discussing acupuncture-moxibustion on human body’s physical and pathological changes.
9. Respect and take care of peers, promote great unity of acupuncture-moxibustion field, strive for legitimate rights and improve the status in medical fields of acupuncture-moxibustion by its practical efficacy and scientific research results.